Re: dnf replacing yum and dnf-yum

Am 13.04.2015 um 10:00 schrieb Jan Zelený:
We are talking about information that is irrelevant in 90+% of yum runs
(allegedly, I wouldn't dare estimating this number myself). Hiding such
information by default while making it available to people who really care
about it sounds like a nice usability feature to me.

it is irrelevant in 90% of yum runs?
so what - but it don't hurt

Now, I admit that the second half is limping a bit. The information is
available but it's not as easily accessible as you want it to be. If you want
to help us, I invite you to write a plugin that will show the information you
seek in a way you see fit

and i invite you to just take the existing code in YUM and re-implement it because DNF was originally a fork of YUM and somebody has taken things away to later ask users re-implement them - that's not how the world works