Re: dnf replacing yum and dnf-yum

Am 10.04.2015 um 14:40 schrieb Jan Zelený:
On 10. 4. 2015 at 07:16:30, Steve Clark wrote:
As an admin and user how does this behavior make it simpler for me? I now
have to do 2 steps to make sure things worked as expected. How is this
simpler?

What we envision is for the admin not to debug the problem himself, it's not
his responsibility. Packaging problems should be discovered automatically when
an update is created. This is being worked on by Fedora QA IIUIC. Package
maintainers are the second line of defense, as they should resolve these
problems before updates go stable. But these issues should never get to the
end user

that's all complelty wrong because the ordinary enduser is not using yum/dnf but some graphical tool - so the endusers you are talking about are advanced users and don't expect problems burried