Re: Status on that intel GFX chip?

kyrre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Which driver (xorg.conf) and xorg verson is that?

Erm I'm not behind that machine right now, but its an FC2 install with xorg upgraded from rawhide somewhere during FC3 testing. I'm using the i810 driver afaik. The only problem I had was that the later xorg want to load i915.o as drm module for the kernel and that wasn't shipped by fedora at that time. I've filed a bug about this and later kernels have it. I'm usign the latest kernel from FC2-updates.

BTW The reason for going to the rawhide xorg was that the FC2 xorg crashes whenever a 3d screensaver kicks in, or maybe it was a powersave problem, either way the current FC3 xorg should be fixed also.

Regards,

Hans

Huh,

I've a 865G at work and that works fine even the 3D is ok.

Regards,

Hans

Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:

Hello

I just wonder, and i know it has been brought up a zillion times - but
what are the current status of the intel gfx (i815?) xorg driver? Any
updates (rpms) that could be easily pushed into my net via admin-script?

The vesa driver works - but it refuses to do anything more than a bare
minimum resolution, and the intel driver has some... funny... side
effects. Not anything i would like to expose my users to, really

Kyrre