Re: systemd-219 issues with 22 and Rawhide composes

On Fri, 20.02.15 11:04, Dennis Gilmore (dennis@xxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 17:36:17 +0100

> > > No, I mean the above in general for general changes you make that
> > > affect the distro as a whole. You generally land them without
> > > notification.
> >
> > I "generally" do that? Can you be more precise?
>
> A recent example, systemd decided that os-release needed to be moved
> to /usr/lib/ I did not see any notification on devel@ nor was i
> contacted directly. the first I heard of it was a third party person
> filing a bug against fedora-release

While moving it is great, it's not really that important to move it.

I mean, moving it is useful in the context of stateless systems that
can boot up with empty /etc. However, Fedora is so far away from that,
that we have tons of other things to fix first, before the os-release
move would start to matter.

We haven't posted a feature to make Fedora stateless in this sense,
and hence also didn't ask for /etc/os-release to be moved. There are
some upstream things to work on before we can propose such a Fedora
change.

So, thank you very much for moving it! But this is neither a change
that would really need coordination, nor something we pushed for from
our side.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat