Re: RFC: root/non-root bash prompts different colours?

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 12:53:15 -0500, Nick Bargnesi <nbargnesi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -- WARNING - LOGGED IN AS ROOT --
> [root@machine root]#
>
> Might look obtrusive but it gets the point across to the color blind
> administrators and feature-less terminals.

Reverse video is supported on just about every terminal I can think of
(I'm sure there are some that I can't, tho :-) -- and it works for
colour-blind users, too.

Personally, all my root prompts are reversed video, with the
background colour different on different servers.  It helps when you
have root shells on four or five boxes open at once... wouldn't want
to shutdown the wrong server, now would we ;-)

Ben
--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves@xxxxxxxxx