Re: F21 downloads repository metadata in 3 places!

On 12/15/2014 09:38 AM, Felix Schwarz wrote:
Am 15.12.2014 um 14:29 schrieb Richard Hughes:
At the moment the PK front-ends only download when on wifi or wired.
Do you have an actual use-case for per-network configuration?

Well I think the whole idea of "wifi === unmetered" is flawed. For example I
use a UMTS/Wifi router so I can use multiple devices when I'm on the road (and
don't have to bother configuring my Fedora laptop to use the UMTS stick
correctly).

True, Android has UI inside the "Data Usage" activity, used to tell which network connections are metered (top right menu -> network restrictions)

It is perfect because I tether my tablet to my phone internet service, that way the tablet knows it is on a 3G like connection. This is important.

This should not be restricted wireless connections, because you can tether via USB, or you can have a 3G modem with an Ethernet port.

fs