Re: F21 downloads repository metadata in 3 places!

Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> Most decision are being made on two assumptions 1. people have fast and
> unlimited internet connections and 2. people have high RAM and multiple
> core CPU powerful computers. Both of these assumptions are arbitrarily at
> best. DNF regularly downloads cache, disables delta RPM support,

It's actually ENABLING DeltaRPM support (as the latest DNF update now does)
that makes assumption 2. DeltaRPMs reduce download bandwidth consumption at
the expense of a lot of CPU power. It's a tradeoff between 1. and 2. If you
have 1. more than 2. (as is the case for me), then DeltaRPMs actually make
your updates slower. If you have 2. more than 1., they make your updates
faster.

        Kevin Kofler