Re: Poll: How users use DNF

On 12/10/2014 02:09 PM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
I am using web proxy on Synology NAS at home and all my Fedora machines
use it for dnf/yum fetching. With on-disk cache set to 10GB it makes all
system upgrades and mock builds very fast.

How does the proxy work with the various mirrors? Do you have client side settings to deal with that?

I wrote my own proxy in python that is specifically for yum and matches filenames from any url. It's quite a hack and fails once in a while, but it saves me a huge amount of time and bandwidth with the large amount of Fedora computers I manage. I suppose I could mirror the whole thing locally, but this way I only download the packages I need as I need them.