Power Consumption

sorry for late response to all your feedback , been off-grid ( rural AZ + ATT => fail )

@owen - thks for feedback re backlighting - got dimming set via xfce power settings - dimming seems about same as osx but power use still sucks (4 hrs) so something is missing - have noticed there seems no setting for % brightness for normal use -could probably get by with 75-80% and this might be a big impact - does gnome have better power settings ? will load gnome tonight and see. If dimming and backlight pcts are avail to user then user can set to their own preference otherwise a default can be provided - apparently osx picks some default that most seem happy with and the life is impressive

@kevin - yes, you're right on - should be good by default (then allow user mods). Need good setting capability and then better docs with powertop, tuned (yeah they seem only for monitoring but then auto-tune sounds like some optimization program

@Jan
re lenovo with powertop thks for feedback - will try with "--auto-tune" tomorrow

@Ivan hola, (soy ir Chile y Argentina en marzo - en donde vives ?) see my comments below, let's start after F21 release

@orcan, @adam
re suspend - probably hardware specific - happy to say we've found F20 suspend works perfectly on Air and Acer 720 Chromebook

@smoogen:
re all those steps - oh I thought I left corp America behind :) I hope we can do with less bureaucracy and maybe just some old fashioned hacking and trial / error but I do recognize that testing with Rawhide might be correct for latest changes

our next step will be to upgrade to F21 since it's final in a week, then test auto-tune and backlight as above and see if significant difference.