Re: Looking for xorg-x11-* package co-maintainers

Out of the previous list, the only ones that have not been updated yet are:

-intel-gpu-tools 1.8 (1.7 in rawhide/f21)
-xkeyboard-config 2.13 (2.12 in rawhide/f21)
-xcb-util 0.4.0 (0.3.9 in rawhide/f21)
-libxcb 1.11 (1.10 in f21)
-xrandr 1.4.3 (1.4.2 in f21)
-twm-1.0.8 (1.0.7 in f21)
-imake 1.0.7 (1.0.6 in f21)
-gccmakedep 1.0.3 (1.0.2 in f21)

On 22 October 2014 12:17, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm no hacker, but I can help with packaging.

Great! Note I'm still sorting out getting admin rights on these
packages myself, so that I can grant others access. If you're a
proven packager, just use your proven packager rights for now,
if not just get everything ready, do a commit, followed by:

git format-patch HEAD~

And then send me the resulting patch, and I'll apply it for now.
If we go this route, please also let me know if I should apply
this only to rawhide, or also to older releases (see below).

I'm no provenpackager, will send the patches for those later.

> Some packages of those need
> also to be put on par with recent packaging guidelines.

Yes, cleaning up the specfiles would very much be welcome too.

Will send a separate patch for those components above. After that, maybe I can ask request for commit on the other packages.

Yes, more or less, mostly just look at the changelog and apply common sense,
also depends on the package a bit, e.g. intel-gpu-tools is part of
xorg-x11-drv-intel bumping the actual driver needs to be done somewhat carefully,
but bumping the tools is more or less always safe, as they are not that
important. twm also is probably best just kept fully up2date with upstream
in F-21. lib... OTOH may cause breakage (they should not but you never know),
etc.

I will not be touching the intel driver :)

All those libraries can be added to Upstream Tracker, I find it very handy. I've requested some components already in the past and I find the service very handy:

http://upstream-tracker.org/

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/