Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2014-10-08)

Hi

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Matthew Miller  wrote:
See the transcript. I don't think there's any problem with coordinating it
in Fedora in some way, but we don't want that to be a way that puts a burden
on Fedora packagers unless they're interested. If you're interested in
having a Fedora page which tracks affected upstreams, that'd be fine

Wiki page is going to be a pain to maintain manually.  How about using bugzilla to track the issues?  Using proven packager rights to fix the issues?  I will also volunteer to send any patches upstream.

One of the issues I highlighted in the ticket which apparently wasn't discussed is

It is unclear to me whether FESCo considers this guideline something that can be changed.   To reiterate,  the fundamental question that was placed before FESCo is whether you consider a derivative or user wanting to change /bin/sh to point to something else other than /bin/bash worth supporting or not?

Rahul