Re: btrfs as default filesystem for F22?

On 10/06/2014 08:45 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Let me answer from the position of a mere user. It's not clear to me why and when users should switch to BTRFS or xfs or else, nor am I not interested in using anything which would potentially endanger existing installations (So far, reports I am reading from openSUSE users don't necessarily sound convincing).

In other words, you'd have to do a lot of marketing and convincing work to persuade users to use BTRFS/xfs etc.
+1.  BTRFS as the default is not ready for Fedora 23.

However, there are some things that could be done to make it easier for those of us who want to make it easier to install Fedora onto a btrfs filesystem.

My point was that unless and until there is more support for BTRFS by members of the Fedora Project, btrfs cannot be made the default.  That is, IF it makes sense to have it be the default.

Gene