Re: btrfs as default filesystem for F22?

On Oct 2, 2014 11:32 PM, "Andre Robatino" <robatino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> openSUSE 13.2, scheduled for release in November, will have btrfs as the
> default filesystem. What are the chances that F22 will follow suit, assuming
> openSUSE has no major problems with it?
>
> https://news.opensuse.org/2014/09/22/

My plan is to push for F23, I'm still wrapping up some balance bugs and some other issues we've found at work and then this will be my next priority.  Suse benefits from having a narrow "supported" criteria, like only use it with lots of space and don't use any of the RAID stuff, plus they have two kernel guys on it and Dave Sterba who is now in charge of btrfs-progs.  Fedora unfortunately has me who has Facebook work to do and Eric who is a professional fs juggler. We will get there, and when we do it will be less painful than its going to be for Suse since they will have fixed it all for us ;).  Thanks,

Josef