Re: Dash as default shell

On 10/2/2014 11:13, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Sure but the rationale isn't just security as I have explained earlier. Do read the links and other mails fully.

I have read the emails fully. Sure, I see where you said there were other reasons later in the discussion, but that's not what your original point was. When I addressed that initial point, you ignored the basis of what I wrote and instead brought up a technicality regarding the scope of the switch. When I pointed that out, you told me you ignored the point I was initially trying to make because it was irrelevant. All I have been trying to do is simply make the point that it is relevant. Thank you for finally acknowledging the veracity of my argument. I guess the third time really is the charm.

FYI, I am a contributor for pretty much the entire history of the project and we are merely discussing something. Noone is expecting someone else to single handedly do anything.

I am fully aware of your status and I never said anything about someone having to do anything single-handed. Do read what I have read fully and please don't put words in my mouth.

You know, you could've simply replied to my original take on your self-described opportunistic proposal with something like, "No, Tom, I'm not just making this proposal because of Shellshock. I really think there are some merits to dash. Here are a few..." or something like that. Instead, I get a terse, cherry-picked, technical comment as to the scope of the switch followed by a bunch of rhetorical slight of hand as you change the focus. Let's stay on target from now on, OK?

Tom