Re: New Group Calls For Boycotting Systemd

On Thu, 04.09.14 16:11, Sérgio Basto (sergio@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Hi,
[1]
since Fedora have some responsibility, unfortunately I think the group
have some valid reasons , systemd should be the replacement of
sysvinit  , a built in DHCP !? why ?

It's a set of tools to build an OS from, not just an init
system. Fedora isn't even making use of the DHCP implementation, why
do you care? (though NM is interested in making use of it...)

Openly said, I feel you have taken Fedora hostage and are using Fedora as your test bed. I would not say anything if I was convinced by systemd, but at least I can not deny to find systemd shape in Fedora to be little convincing.

Therefore I'd find it useful for systemd take a break and period of consolidation to sort out the bugs and impact of systemd on Fedora.

Ralf