Re: Attempting to contact two unresponsive maintainers - dajt and jpacner

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 03:56:20PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 09/04/2014 02:26 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> >On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 02:01:41PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >>On 09/04/2014 01:35 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> >>BTW: Though this threat started with FAS, one should also consider to take
> >>into account bugzilla accounts.
> >
> >There are two aspects to consider here:
> >* bugzilla is managed by RH IT, so there is basically almost nothing we can do
> >   there. I suspect account associated to @redhat.com emails are
> >   removed/deactivated when the person leaves the company,
> All I can say, I've encountered cases, where BZs have been orphaned in BZ
> when an @RH has left and were not reassigned to a new maintainer in BZ.
>
> Also, I could be wrong on this, but as it seems to me, when a maintainer
> changes in FAS, he is not automatically subscribed to a package's old and
> open BZs.

That should be the case as the mapping between FAS and bugzilla is required, if
someone is a packager, changes his/her email in FAS and not in bugzilla, we will
know it.

> >but I didn't check and
> >   tbh it's not really a concern for us
> Well, isn't this whole thread actually about a RH internal processes?

The thing is: I do not know RH internal processes more than you do, so I cannot
answer that :)
If someone does know, maybe they'll answer

> >* packagers and members of the fedorabugs groups in FAS must have an valid
> >   bugzilla account associated with their email in FAS.
> >   For this we (that is nirik and I) are getting an email every 10 minutes when
> >   we sync FAS and bugzilla and that someone has an invalid mapping.
> >   So there, you can trust us, we make sure that the mapping FAS <-> Bugzilla is
> >   fixed as soon as possible :)
> >   To fix the situation users can either rename their bugzilla account to their
> >   new email address, fix FAS to be consistent with their bugzilla account or
> >   create a new bugzilla account for their email in FAS.
> Does this already apply? It's news to me, but this would be really helpful.

Kevin and I have been receiving an email every 10 minutes for the last 24h, so
believe us, the cron works ;-)

Piere