RE: making custom kernels easier to build

-----Original Message-----
From: devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nico Kadel-Garcia
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:28 PM
To: Development discussions related to Fedora
Subject: Re: making custom kernels easier to build

> On Aug 12, 2014, at 8:04, "otto" <ottohaliburton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This sort if failure occurs when someone does a "cp -r" or better yet, a "scp -r" to copy the build tree elsewhere and the directory symlink gets replicated as a directory, instead.

--

I agree with you.  The problem I stated occurs when building from the source and the makefile in the source should be modified to use -r.  That works and I am having to add it each time I build from the source.
devel mailing list