Re: Make buildSRPMFromSCM faster?

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Eric Smith <spacewar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How about not rebuilding the chroot every time... It's not like you have to
> worry about leftover BR's from building another package.

That could lead to packages that happen to build some of the time due
to an undetected dependency on something that isn't in the BR but
happens to be in a cached buildroot.

I fail to see why this would occur building an SRPM, the dependencies should be identical for all packages, we're not talking about actually building the package, just building the SRPM.

For that matter, instead of rebuilding a chroot every time, why not cache one (tar?) so you get rid of the transaction overhead. It can still be re-created on a regular basis in case any of the packages in the chroot get updated, you just don't do it every time for every package.

Richard