Re: Patches for trivial bugs sitting in bugzilla -> trivial patch policy?

On 06/27/2014 10:46 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 06/27/2014 08:58 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
This consideration actually is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to
bugs. The only thing that counts is Fedora end-user experience, to whom
it's quite irrelevant who fixes a bug.

Is this really true?
It's my personal opinion based on what I would assume to be common sense, based on a distro's user-side expectation.

End-users are expecting function and bugs they are suffering from to be fixed, ASAP - Nothing else.

 I'm under the impression that Fedora also cares
about sustainable solutions.
Sure. This is the dev-focused perspective. But from an end-user's perspective, this aspect is widely negligible.

 These two goals sometimes conflict.
Sure, these occasionally do.

 They
have to be weighed against each other, but there is no general rule
which goal is more important.
As I see it, in practice in Fedora, these conflict, because rawhide tries to be dev-focused (and end-user unstable), while Fedora N is end-user focused.

Ralf