Re: Computational chemistry softwares orphaned in F20

On Mon, 19 May 2014 10:00:52 -0300
Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > mopac7 is orphan in F20 and rawhide, and probably will be retired(?)
> >
> MOPAC7 is still a very important software, it would be a shame to lose it
> in our repos.
> Does anyone know something about MOPAC7.1[1]?

It might be, but from what I understand on computational chemistry
discussion forums, there are hundreds of known bugs in MOPAC7 which
won't be fixed, because the developers have since switched to a
non-free licensing approach.

Packages that lack a maintained upstream are often somewhat problematic.
--
Susi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor

I was thinking about a Chemistry Spin (or Remix), Anyone interested? (.ks attached)

--
Henrique C. S. Junior
Química Industrial - UFRRJ