Re: The Forgotten "F": A Tale of Fedora's Foundations

Hi Mairin,
Not sure exactly where you are coming from in terms of wanting legal
to weigh in, but in general I don't think legals opinion is very relevant
and this point. The first step here should always be us as a project deciding what
user experience we want to offer our users, then once that is done go to legal
and try to work with them to figure out how it can be done.

A lawyers job is to worry, so if we make lawyers not being worried at all a
pre-requisite to even thinking about something we should probably not be doing
software at all. The brokenness of the US patent system combined with more
brokenness in how the US legal system handles software patents probably means
a lawyer would advice you to not be involved with software making at all due to the
legal risks :)

Christian