Re: F21 System Wide Change: Workstation: Disable firewall

Am 21.04.2014 10:25, schrieb drago01:
> I did learn those things so did probably you and Harald but designing
> an operating system that requires deep technical understanding to be
> used is just a failure on our part

you don't get it - ship dangerous defaults is just a failure on our part

the user don't need to learn all the details
he needs only three choices

* share for everyone inclduing the internt
* share only for the local network
* don't share for the network at all because it's used for plying on localhost

and while this *really* needed question is shown there should be
a link provided to read more about the differences

> What seems easy and obvious to people on a *operating system
> development mailing list* is not for the general public (believe it or
> not that's a fact). And no that's not because
> people are stupid. They just have different professions and interests

explain that to them after damage happened with "oh i thought we should
not bother you because we think you have different professions"