Re: default local DNS caching name server

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014, William Brown wrote:

PS: It also seemed like the proposal was to *bypass* the networks
provided forwarders from DHCP. This *is* a serious issue if it's the
case.

We only bypass DHCP provided forwarders that are broken. We actually
WANT to use them as much as possible, because we DO believe in caching,
and we DO want to use ISP caches whereever possible. But if they run
broken or malicious DNS servers, we do our best to bypass those servers.

Paul