Re: F21 Self Contained Change: Playground repository

On 04/08/2014 10:46 PM, drago01 wrote:
On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
= Proposed Self Contained Change: Playground repository =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Playground_repository

Change owner(s): Marcela Mašláňová <mmaslano@xxxxxxxxxx>,  Mirek Suchý
<msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Responsible WG: Env and Stacks WG

The Playground repository gives contributors a place to host packages that are
not up to the standards of the main Fedora repository but may still be useful
to other users. For now the Playground repository contains both packages that
are destined for eventual inclusion into the main Fedora repository and
packages that are never going to make it there. Users of the repository should
be willing to endure a certain amount of instability when using packages from
there.

To avoid any potential confusion, we want to make it clear that the Playground
repository will not host packages that have bad licenses, include proprietary
software or include patented software.

What's the point of this feature? I mean if we think we are to strict
we might want to rethink the guidelines.
And how is that different from other coprs repos where poeple already
can host that stuff on?
It even uses COPR (and thus shares the same problems like lack of
multilib and thus dependecy problems).

Is this going to be enabled by default? If yes how it is different
from just adding the packages in fedora proper if not
why is it a "feature" at all? It is just yet another external repo.

No, it won't be enabled by default. All Coprs acceptable by Playground will be on one place with at least some rules. On our yesterday meeting we spoke to tflink about using taskotron at least for some general tests. We have higher standards on packages going into Playground, but not too high.

Marcela