Re: fail2ban + firewalld suggestions needed

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:17:46PM -0400, Przemek Klosowski wrote:

> I am concerned that this looks like configuring the fail2ban package
> by installing more packages. If we started doing it everywhere

It looks like that, but the split is largely based on dependencies, and I
can see situations for each case where you might want to avoid pulling these
things in but still would want fail2ban. The systemd one is the exception,
because the journal isn't optional in Fedora. And I think I'd combine mail
and sendmail (because the /usr/sbin/sendmail command can be provided by a
lot of alternatives, including the very lightweight ssmtp).

And maybe hostsdeny should be part of the main server package, as it really
just manipulates /etc/hosts.deny, which is part of the mandatory 'setup'
package.

--
Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>