Re: fedpkg build failing (due to NSS?)

On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 08:26 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:

> >> No, it's been added, but then it was expired:
> >> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/override/edit?build=nss-util-3.15.5-1.fc20
> >> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/override/edit?build=nss-softokn-3.15.5-1.fc20
> >>
> >> That's not the problem at all.
> >>
> >> The problem is that **some** of these 3 overrides were epired, but not
> >> all.
> >>
> >> The three packages need to always be in overrides together, or none of
> >> them.
> >>
> >> Leaving a negative karma to the update won't help fix the problem
> >> either.
> >
> > At least they can get the news IMO.
>
> That is completely the wrong way to communicate this and it doesn't
> "get them the news" and in fact often stops people getting critical
> security or stability fixes for a pathetic little game. The way to
> communicate this problem is by the mailing lists/email/IRC etc... IE
> proper communication channels. To try to communicate by putting
> negative karma on updates that have nothing what so ever to do with
> actual update needs to stop.

In addition, we've been talking about it on #fedora-admin for the past
hour, and Remi already notified via email the nss maintainer.

Christopher, remember that you and I are in APAC, which means we are
already awake when the nss maintainer (in the US) is still sleeping, so
he won't "get the news" instantly.

Finally, Pierre-Yves just extended the two already expired buildroot
overrides, which should fix the problem soon.

This would tell you when it's ready:
$ koji wait-repo f20-build --build=nss-softokn-3.15.5-1.fc20 --build=nss-util-3.15.5-1.fc20

--
Mathieu