Re: exclude people from giving karma?

My apologies on the slow bodhi updates last week.

There were a number of complications the past week related to the work
flow of bodhi updates.
Took me a while to resolve some problems, and see the updates to completion.
At least twice the updates push failed due to older NVR's in
updates-testing being given sufficient karma to update along with a
newer NVR of the same package.
This makes Bodhi unhappy, and abort... requiring somebody to help
bodhi choose which stable NVR to tag stable (usually always the
newer/latest version).

Will try to be more resilient in the future.
However, it would be super awesome if package maintainers would unpush
or whatever it takes (increase karma threshold of) older NVRs in
updates-testing tags when pushing new updates to testing.
(so they don't mistakenly tag into stable after a higher NVR)

Regarding the problem of people giving karma, I'm not sure there is a solution.
Perhaps a meta-moderation system a la slashdot, we randomly let
testers rate the karma given by other testers.... formalize the path
to ascending the ranks of tester.
However, I'd like to keep the community as honest and cooperative as
possible, so I'm not very keen on ideas that make people unhappy to
test packages.
(positive reinforcement wins)

-Jon Disnard
fas: parasense
irc: masta

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Christopher Meng <cickumqt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Let's test this one asap to prevent epoch(if you want):
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libcmis-0.4.1-2.fc20,mdds-0.10.2-1.fc20
>
> Last weekend bodhi seemed very slow on processing updates, so I
> downloaded and installed from koji by myself.
> --

-Jon