Re: exclude people from giving karma?

Am 23.02.2014 22:40, schrieb Theodore Lee:
> On 24/02/14 06:29, Susi Lehtola wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 18:12:55 +0100
>> Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2014-2922/libreoffice-4.2.1.1-1.fc20?_csrf_token=a6a024f6e2d35ad3f3333b8666c1244e215a6aa2
>>>
>>> how can people pretend "installation went smoothly, no issue detected during basic
>>> document manipulation" for packages which are not installable at all due
>>> dependencie problems?
>>
>> People *couldn't* know there were problems, because all the positive
>> reports were from the time the update was in updates-testing. All who
>> tried the update, also had the dependency available in updates-testing.
>
> For what it's worth, my report (the first with the dependency issue) and
> a subsequent one were also from updates-testing, and both did not have
> the dependency available.

they never did

> I did do a manual check of Koji and Bodhi to try and figure out why my
> results were different from the previous testers, and could only find
> the necessary build in Koji, which quite frankly left me very confused
> and unsure if I was experiencing some kind of mirror sync issue and/or
> chronic lack of coffee syndrome. I now understand the initial positive
> karma results had something to do with a buildroot override

which never hit updates-testing

2014-02-21 13:59:06 This update has been submitted for testing by dtardo
2014-02-22 09:35:15 will be pushed to the stable updates repository

this is *unacceptable* in case of broken deps and buildroot overrides
while this is not a secuity update and people are pushing such things
to stable refuse to understand the the dependecy error may result in
*not get whatever SECURITY UPDATE* for ordinary users for no gain

and no "you have to apologize" from the maintainer does change that

if the maintainers would run a baisc virtual machine consuming
ordinary repos without manual overrides such mistakes would be
recognized by them..............