Re: f20, anaconda, net install and video out of range ....

On Fri, 2014-02-07 at 11:19 -0500, Paul Wouters wrote:

> Taking out everyone who tries to run fedora or rhel7 using a physical
> cirrus card IMHO is just sloppy and lazy. Yes, people still run P-III
> servers with SCSI disks and cirrus cards. In fact, I think you will
> see it more within the enterprise then outside it.

Hah!  That's the laugh I needed to kick off my weekend.  Cirrus hasn't
made PC graphics cards since 1996, according to wikipedia.  They haven't
been in the video business at all since like 2005.  RHEL5 was 2006ish,
and I've _never_ heard of any customer running RHEL5+ on a physical
cirrus (and I would be the guy in the position to hear about it).

Also, nobody running that configuration would be running it on RHEL7,
since if the beta's any indication there's no 32-bit kernel.

So no, I reject your premises, logic, and conclusions.  If you want to
maintain the cirrus driver I'm pretty sure it's already orphaned, but it
is quite literally not worth my time to work on physical cirrus support
nine to eighteen years after the manufacturer left the industry.  You
can call that lazy if you like, I can't really stop you, but I'm not
losing any sleep over it.

- ajax