Re: Fedora.next in 2014 -- Big Picture and Themes

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 04:19:38PM +0100, drago01 wrote:
> > So that's some of my thoughts. More later -- gotta take the kids to the
> > dentist now. :)
> You forgot the part where you explain how / why Fedora.next solves all
> this issues. Some like "cloud and server usage" is more or less clear
> (focus product) but the rest is a bot hand weavy.

I didn't forget. That's just a different part of the conversation. I'm happy
to talk about that too, though.

I'm advocating for certain things which I think *do* address these needs.
I'll try to talk more about the particular connections as things come up,
but you're right that it's somewhat handwavy, because... well, many of the
specifics actually haven't come up yet, so it's a future conversation.
Possibly a very near-future one -- let's go!

I'm also happy to talk about other big issues that we as a community feel
like we face as we go into our second decade. I don't imagine the list I
sent is comprehensive (let alone universally-agreed on). And I'll definitely
advocate for any ideas anyone has to address any of this.

--
Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>