Re: Drawing lessons from fatal SELinux bug #1054350

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> If the update doesn't refer to any bugzilla tickets, what does that mean?

In that particular case, it means that we are updating all the KDE software
compilation and so there's a new release of KFloppy too, which most likely
doesn't even contain any actual changes from upstream (just a new version
number on the tarball), but the updates are scripted, and the version bump
is also needed to keep our metapackages (kdeutils in this case) working. :-)

That said, in practice, we file those as grouped updates and so there's a
chance that the update actually gets some karma. Surely not because of
KFloppy though. ;-)

> Almost funny, if it weren't possible to mark test updates as stable after
> 7 days.

Right, but you were proposing to wait until it reaches a karma of +16.

> It could be that nobody uses the package at all, so it would not a big
> deal if an update (or upgrade?) took 7+ days to enter the updates repo.
> ;-p

But then the right solution is to disable karma automatism entirely, not to
set it to some ridiculously high value.

Those meaningless thresholds need to go away (and really, the whole concept
of Bodhi karma and the policies that depend on it).

        Kevin Kofler