Re: RFC - Downgrade BlueZ to v4.101 in Fedora 20

On Thu, 2014-01-23 at 16:56 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> > As a side note, it also needs to be discussed how such a key feature of
> > the bluetooth stack could go unnoticed through QA, and how to avoid this
> > from happening again.
>
> Indeed.  I wondered the same myself.

I'm somewhat cheered that our product has apparently reached the quality
level where people consider a Bluetooth audio profile to be a 'key
feature', but so far as our QA standards are concerned, it ain't.

This didn't really 'pass unnoticed' through QA. I noticed it, and was
supremely unconcerned. Yes, if you depend on this specific feature it
sucks, but it's hardly unusual for some specific feature of something or
other to break between Fedora releases. It's a thing that happens, and
as I'm on record as arguing in more extensive and generic terms, the
nature of Fedora as a project would need to change quite a lot before we
decided we were a project where stuff like this didn't sometimes break.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey