Re: EPEL 7 question

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 07:38 -0700, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I noticed that EPEL 7 branches were created for several of my packages that
> > have el6 branches, but not all of them. I didn't request them (yet) so I'm
> > wondering, are some packages automatically added or did someone else request
> > them as a dependency to one of their packages? I need to dig through my
> > packages but I intend to maintain el7 branches of all of my packages that
> > have el6 branches.
>
> It's possible that these were some of the packages that you and I
> share as dependencies of MythTV. I requested branches for a lot of my
> packages on January 11th using Dennis' procedure with the wiki [1],
> but I haven't gotten around to doing the builds in Koji yet. I'm
> planning to do the builds by next week.

I would've expected anything that exists in epel6 and doesn't exist in
rhel7 to get an epel7 branch. It seems a bit ludicrous doing it manually
- do I have to go through all the deps of any package I want to build
for epel7 and figure this out manually and file branch requests for each
package that isn't in rhel7? yeesh.

Agreed... The only argument I can think of against it is that we don't want stuff that's not being maintained from automatically making it's way into el7, but at the same time I don't have my list of packages memorized. I guess I'll have to come up with some shell-fu to walk through my git directories looking for instances of el6?

Richard