Re: Unresponsive package maintainer policy change proposal

On 07/12/13 02:44 AM, Mattia Verga wrote:
Hello all,
I would like to submit a change proposal for the unresponsive package maintainer policy.
The policy now says [1] "File a bug against the package in Bugzilla asking for the maintainer to respond. This bug should list the outstanding issues they need to address. This is a must."

I think this kind of bug should not be filled against the single package, but something like against infrastructure. Also it should block all bugs assigned to that user.

I think assigning packages from the unresponsive maintainer to  a Special Interest Group (SIG) as temporary measure would be a very suggestion. One of good examples is KDE with its very active maintainers taking care of KDE components should one of them be absent due to circumstance.

Luya