Re: Lack of response about sponsorship

On 10/24/2013 07:01 AM, Christopher Meng wrote:
Errr...

I just hope if a packager is also its upstream, we can sponsor him
quickly as well.
Why should we? I don't see why this should be of any relevance.

Somebody being involved into upstream only is an indication for somebody being familiar with a package's contents. It doesn't tell us anything about his familiarity with Fedora-packaging nor about his package's quality.

Unfortunately, experience also tells, there are occations, in which people, who are close to upstream, sometimes fail to apply a neutral view on their works.

  Also applied to "comaintainer as upstream". And if
people coming from some Big Company like Oracle/HP, we can sponsor
them as well as normal guys.
Right, a person's $dayjob's affiliation should not be of any importance in Fedora.

Ralf