Re: LVM thin provisioning and virt-manager

On 10/15/2013 05:29 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> The better snapshots sound ideal for VM testing. Snapshot a successful install and then try to break the snapshot. Etc.
>
> Presently virt-manager ignores thinp pools and only creates conventional LV's. I haven't tried using virsh to force it to use an already created virtualsize LV as backing, but I'm wondering if it should work. If not, is there a rough time frame on such support?

libvirt needs some explicit work to support thin pools, but no one is working
on it as far as I know. Right now libvirt's 'logical pool' (lvm volume group)
handling will actually fall apart if any thin volumes exist, though that's
fixed in upstream libvirt now by just ignoring the offending volumes.

- Cole