Re: prelink performance gains

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 04:54:16PM +0200, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > To justify removing it, we just need to collect data to show that those
> > performance benefits no longer exist, with current hardware and software
> > combination in Fedora. That is what this email thread is seeking to confirm.
> There is missing some statistics behind it such as deviation computation.
> And 4 tests/numbers seem to be too few to compute any real statistics.

But, since prelink presents other problems on its own, I think the bar is
pretty low here. Even though prelink is currently in, the burden of proof
should be on demonstrating its continued usefulness, and the threshold for
that should be be higher than marginal noise. When in doubt, let's go for
smaller and more simple.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>