Re: systemd & running legacy sys V init.d script for newrelic

On Sun, 06.10.13 16:41, Muayyad AlSadi (alsadi@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> let's talk in general, any legacy init.d is supposed to work in systemd
> and does this mean that /etc/init.d/functions won't redirect to systemctl
> unless it knows that this very specific service implements systemd things

I am not sure I can parse that correctly, but please understand that all
service start/stop/restart/reload operations will always go through
systemd on Fedora, the control flow is hence systematically different
from before where these requests would be executed from the caller's
context, possibly resulting in daemons inheriting various obvious and
less obvious process settings from it.

And "all service start/stop/restart/reload operations" really means
that. Regardless whether Sysvinit script or systemd unit file, it's all
redirected to systemd. Redirection to systemd for sysvinit scripts is
done via the "functions" shell file that FEdora init script generally
sourced in.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.