Re: thunderbird-24.0.2 reverted - why? (Use the commit log..., Luke)

On 09/24/2013 03:16 AM, Michael J Gruber wrote:
Hi there,

I can see that thunderbird 24 had been built successfully and then
reverted on the fc18 branch (and others). The git commit log and the
spec changelog say

Revert to 17.0.8

and nothing else. I do understand that more than a "successful build" is
necessary for a package to be pushed, but can we please agree on putting
some substantial information on "why" (not just "what") into the git log
or change log?

Good luck getting people here to actually care. Spec description, git commit message, then bodhi update description: three different places to say the same thing in different words. As frustrating as it is, people just don't want to be bothered with this duplication. This is understandable, and most FLOSS projects only require a good commit message to go along with the change.

As the British Academy once said, it is preferable to accept what ten thousand people say, than to try to correct what ten thousand people say.

Alex