thunderbird-24.0.2 reverted - why? (Use the commit log..., Luke)

Hi there,

I can see that thunderbird 24 had been built successfully and then
reverted on the fc18 branch (and others). The git commit log and the
spec changelog say

Revert to 17.0.8

and nothing else. I do understand that more than a "successful build" is
necessary for a package to be pushed, but can we please agree on putting
some substantial information on "why" (not just "what") into the git log
or change log?

As a guidance, in many git based project, the following standard for git
messages has proven useful:

1st line: short description of "what"

1st paragraph: long description of "what" along the lines of:
So far, "foo" does "bar". Change "froz" so that it does "baz".

2nd paragraph (or mixed in with 2nd): answer "why"
The problem with "bar" is this. "baz" solves the problem by doing that.

This information could also be in bugzilla and linked to from the git
log or changelog, of course. All of this is easier than answering
e-mails or posts, and better for record keeping anyways.

Cheers,
Michael