Re: Default boot/root filesystem

On 09/25/2013 01:29 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
Ric Wheeler wrote:
You should - and can - easily test your workload with your hardware/software
stack to see if the options make a difference.

Of course I can, but the issue is comparison. I can run tests all day long that may not stress the one area people are hitting that disuade them from wanting TRIM on by default.

TRIM on by default is not really safe yet. Unfortunately, we still have a fair number of storage devices that stumble (or worse) when we pound away at them with TRIM. It is better than it used to be, but I think that letting users test and opt in is still the best path.

Ric