Re: [HEADSUP] Atlas changed libraries

On 09/23/2013 08:02 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

Of course, this means that it is a very poor choice for our de-facto default
LAPACK/BLAS. (Only the reference implementation is worse. Yet, we build some
stuff even against that!)

I'd suggest filing a Change to make OpenBLAS the default for F21 (when
hopefully the armv7 port will also be usable, so all our primary
architectures, even the silly one, will be covered) and working on building
everything in the distribution that uses LAPACK and/or BLAS against it.

Even if we keep the other BLAS/LAPACK implementations around, the target
should be that everything in the distro uses OpenBLAS, similarly to how we
made spellchecking use Hunspell throughout the distro (see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureDictionary). (I take it that
in this case, the application code should normally not need adjustments, so
this should be even easier than FeatureDictionary, and not end in a fiasco
such as the failed attempt at standardizing cryptography on NSS.)

         Kevin Kofler

People with interest in secondary architectures might oppose that.

Perhabs if we ensure binary compatibility then we can make them freely interchangeable.