Re: fedmsg for voting?

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 17:08:49 -0700,
  Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nope.  Fedmsg is what we're using to carry information about events (for
instance, $username voted in $election).  Badges consumes the information
from fedmsg looking for particular events that it awards badges for.  So
disabling badges only disables the badge awarder piece.  It doesn't address
the underlying privacy question in a meaningful way.

If we are worried about privacy with regards to how people participate in Fedora, there may be bigger issues. I happened to notice a Redhat employee was leaving two weeks before it was widely known, because I saw that they gave up ownership of a number of Fedora packages related to their job.