Re: Default boot/root filesystem

On 09/07/2013 03:19 AM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
Sure, RHEL is distinct from Fedora, and they make different decisions,
etc. The original point still stands: it's puzzling that XFS may end
up as the default in RHEL 7 when it has never been the default for
even a single Fedora release.

Entirely irrelevant as has been pointed out.

RHEL defaults are largely driven by it's customer/client base needs.

The "Fedora is RHEL beta" meme may be slightly off-base, but I would
hardly call the meme st00pid. The meme persists so strongly because
there's an element of truth to it.

The only element of truth in it is that we are upstream for it and it's derivatives,

At RHEL release time you can often find bugs in RHEL that we have fixed here in Fedora, in the release that RHEL release was based on.

  Besides, why else would Red Hat
pour so much money into Fedora:)

Amongst other things Innovation, community feedback etc, there are several other reasons for return of investment in Fedora other then "Testing".

JBG