Re: Proposal: AppData files in all application packages?

Hi all,

A progress update: lots of upstreams have already merged AppData files
(50 and counting!) but we're still a long way from having all the
default packages on the GNOME spin with AppData files. For some of the
more important packages I've setup a google document here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X4SBZM44ZIWM7s8_dgKw51aZfw0amp3fsqLVUPty5Gs/edit

This is important for gnome software because even though the core
modules are non-removable, they still show up in the update and detail
view and it would be really good to match the mockups provided by
Allan for Fedora 20 Beta.

Once we've got some more contributions and the editing has settled
down, I'll be pestering the upstream maintainers to ship the
user-contributed extra data upstream for all distros to use. Feel free
to add extra applications to the google document if your application
is not listed there, or just create an AppData file yourself, commit
it upstream and add a link on the document.

Thanks again!

Richard.