Re: Builder update

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 18:22:57 +0300
Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hum... a question, or perhaps more like two:
>
> Are you planning to move the remaining RHEL-6 builders to Fedora too,
> and if so, is this (builders running on Fedora ~latest) going to be a
> permament arrangement?

Quite possibly. Left is a pair of buildhw (hardware builders), buildppc
(power7 boxes, mostly for epel6), and bkernel (kernel and secureboot
builders). We are going to look and see if those can be moved over too
without pain.

yeah, I think the plan is to do this moving forward (Fedora latest that
is).

> If the answer to both is "yes" then this is wonderful news for the
> package-management department.

It's good for infrastructure as well, in that we don't need to carry
any 'special' rpm or anything if we need to change formats or the like.

Of course it does mean we could run into breakage if there's breakage
in Fedora land, but thats good to know and fix too.

kevin