Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring long-term FTBFS packages for Fedora 20

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Gustavo Luiz Duarte
<gustavold@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Gustavo Luiz Duarte <gustavold@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> Please don't retire petitboot. I will fix it. I might also apply for
>>> co-maintainer.
>>

>> Why? It's for the PS3 which no longer supports booting third party OSes?
>> What else does it provide?
>>

> Because there are users wanting to keep using Linux on their PS3 and won't
> update their firmware.

And those users are using Fedora 20?

I admire the determination, but we don't even enable PS3 support in
the Fedora kernels any longer.  We haven't for some time, and we won't
be turning it back on.  So while users may wish to keep their PS3s
running Linux, it isn't going to be Fedora.  At that point, I'm not
sure what benefit keeping petitboot in Fedora provides.  It's
misleading to end users if we "provide" something they can't even
use...

josh