Re: Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2013-08-14)

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 1:41 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08/15/2013 03:55 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> Some form of middle ground of this is what we have currently implemented in
> QA and test for but even there we cannot "guarantee" anything, like if we
> take the default desktop installation how well can Gnome itself handle
> upgrades between releases ( think for example *conf schema changes here )

"guarantee" is a worse word then supported we cannot guarantee that
Fedora boots on your system at all.

People seem to pay to much attention to the word "supported" .. it
basically means "that is what should work, if
we find out that it doesn't we fix it before the release or even slip
until it gets fixed".

It does not mean that works in all cases and is "bug free". Not
supporting upgrades and putting no effort into it
would render Fedora pretty much the most useless distro ever. Re
installing every 6 months is simply to inconvenient for
many users.