If you want Fedora to be a platform...

1) Please participate in the 'Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next"
discussion.

2) Please stop using the word "platform" and say very precisely what
you mean.  I've seen at least the following meanings recently.

- "a platform for applications" = "deployment target" = "API": e.g.
when saying "This application runs on Linux" / "This is a Rails
application", "I want Fedora to be a platform attractive to
application developers"

- "a platform for ecosystems" = "a (hidden) base for APIs/deployment
targets"; e.g. "I want Fedora to be a platform for Rails, Python and
GNOME"  (with developers presumed to be writing Rails and Python and
GNOME applications)

- "a platform for operating systems" = "a toolset for developing
custom distributions": "I want Fedora to be a platform for Sugar / my
phone hacking".

- "not a product": "I want Fedora to be a platform carrying software I
like, not a product held to a higher standard of integration"  (No one
actually says it like this but that's what it sometimes amounts to.)
    Mirek