Re: F20 System Wide Change: Change Packaging Guidelines to discourage requires into /bin and /sbin

Am 16.07.2013 21:18, schrieb Toshio Kuratomi:
> <nod>  I think that the best course of action would to rethink UsrMove as
> UsrMerge which I would then take to the rest of the FPC as getting rid of
> the prohibition on packages listing /bin, /sbin/ lib, /lib64 as the location
> in the file.  The caveats of package maintainers having to think in terms of
> the dependencies and canonical locations instead of whether it was symlinked
> on the path on their own system would still apply.
>
> Posible alternatives for FPC to consider if FESCo decides we really want to
> think in terms of /usr/{bin,sbin,[..]} being the canonical correct place and
> in the distant future, /bin might go away:
>
> * Have package maintainers patch upstreams to use /usr/{bin,lib,[..]}
> instead of /{bin,lib[...]} (for instance, shebang lines)

if UsrMove would have been planned properly RPM/rpmbuild would
have the capabilities ot fix this at the buildtime instead
insist that anybody rewrites and patches anything

the current state is the result of "well, we propose the feature
and somewhere in time we fix leftovers" which should not have
happened if FESCo would have learned from F15/systemd

the difference in "making mistakes and learn" and "repeat the mistakes"